These are some of my preferred places to go for games and activity ideas. There are a lot of lists like this online, so I’m going to try and keep it short and practical.
For Elementary (E) & Junior High (JH) Activities
- (E, JH) Englipedia – game/activity ideas organized by textbook.
- (JH) English Web Book – absolutely wonderful :D
- (E) Hi Friends Lessons for ALTs! I’ve gotten lots of good ideas from this website that my students loved.
- (E) AkitaJET translations of the lesson plans for Hi Friends.
- (JH) JET Sendai Educom Lessons (Year 1, Year 2, Year 3) – I’ve found quite a few activities here as well. Good for middle school, all grades. (Englipedia is still the best, though.)
Favorite Review/Any-Grammar Games of All Time
- Super Mario Typhoon PowerPoint Game. More Mario fun:
- EP Puzzle Scramble – My students enjoyed this.
- EP Memory Race – I like to theme mine, like with One Piece or Spongebob-themed questions.
- AkitaJET Dragon Quest PowerPoint review game – whoever made this is amazing, although preparation time is horrendous.
- Hapilab – Free (cute) flash cards (Japanese site)
- Stella English Learning Materials – I used the adjectives flashcards.
- Christmas flashcards and many holiday activities from MES English.
- My holiday/themed bulletin board posts: Valentine’s Day (one, two), St. Patrick’s Day, Back-to-School, Cinco de Mayo theme (I think it was too much…but I tried), “Up” theme, Halloween, Christmas (one, two, presentation), Winter Vacation
- (JH) ALT◆JTE Connect – Great website with some good ideas for middle school communication activities and bulletin boards.
- And Pinterest!