Practical Approaches & Inspiration:
- “Don’t Study Grammar!” (ALT Insider) This is about vocabulary, too. It works really well!
- “Hacking the Kanji: 2,200 Kanji in 97 Days” (Nihongo Shark) I’d already studied kanji before reading this, and I also spread my studies out over about 2 years, so don’t worry about the days so much as the method.
- Anki! I also purchased the app (￥3000) for convenience, since I ride the train a lot (=study time) and I use Anki every day.
For Japanese Exposure:
- Totopi: A Japanese topical news app. There are others like it, too.
- YouTube: To follow Japanese YouTubers.
- Twitter: to follow Japanese Twitter users.